The Michigan Legislature returns to work this week. Prior to their break, a lot of negative rhetoric was heard about the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Now is the time to let them know that we do not share their views.
The ACA benefits for women are critical – especially for poor and middle class women. Benefits already received:
- No out-of- pocket charges for preventive tests, contraception, counseling for spouse abuse and family planning
- Insurance companies must continue to cover someone who gets ills
- No Lifetime caps on insurance coverage. Benefits beginning in 2014
- Insurance companies cannot charge a woman more than a man for the sme benefits
- No Annual caps on insurance coverage
- No denying of coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Increased access to affordable health care with expansion of Medicaid to 133% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Incresed acces to affordable insurance with the availability of subsidies up to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level to purchase insurance coverage on a state Exchange.
Call your state representative and senator today and tell them you support the ACA and want them to support it too! Find your representative’s contact information HERE
The fate of the ACA lies in the outcome of the November elections. We urge you to: Sign our Petition to get the Michigan Legislature to Support the ACA – get your friends to sign it too!