Young Professionals for Health Justice (YPHJ) is a working group of the Michigan Universal Health Care Access Network (MICHUHCAN). We seek to provide a space for young professionals of any type who are interested in progressive health advocacy in Michigan to collaborate, build skills, and run successful advocacy initiatives.
What We Do
- Public Speaking and Health Education Outreach
- Fundraising to support health advocacy projects
- Promote networking
- Provide opportunities for young professionals to run advocacy projects
- Communications: Spreading the word, recruiting people to join our advocacy campaigns, writing posts for our website, etc.
- Development: Fundraising.
- Policy: Writing policy briefs and letters, testifying at hearings, attending meetings with legislators and regulators.
- Strategy: Identifying issues to respond to and designing strong and effective action plans.
This group is OPEN to any young professional interested in health advocacy!